Roller blinds can be fitted easily without the help of a professional. Dependent on the window type, you must also decide which side the blind cord will hang, unless it has a central pull string, which may require additional preparation as the blind requires trimming on both sides to ensure the string hangs vertically and even.
Each manufacture will provide an instruction sheet to help you fit the roller blinds, but it’s always useful to research the topic in question before attempting to perform home DIY such as fitting a roller blind.
Several items are necessary barrel nuts and screw including a screwdriver, pencil or marker, drill, spirit level, scissors (if the blind require trimming), small hacksaw, stepladder, measuring tape, and China bimetallic screw barrel Manufacturers the ready prepared roller blind, which will often supply screws and wall plugs.
1. Use a pencil to mark the positioning of the screw holes in each bracket on top of the window recess.
2. Place the blind China screw and barrel for plastic extruder machine Manufacturers beside the window to estimate if there is enough clearance to provide a smooth opening. If the blind encounters problems reposition and repeat until the blind opens effortlessly.
3. Use a pencil or marker to mark the screw holes on bracket one and place the end of the blind cord or pin on the preferred side.
4. Drill the holes on the first bracket, insert masonry or wood rawl plugs, and screw this bracket into the frame or wall.
5. Use the spirit level to ensure the blind is perfectly level, or measure the positioning of bracket one and transfer this information to the opposite side. To fit bracket two, follow steps 1 to 4.
6. If you have followed the manufacturer’s instructions clearly, the blind should slot into position and fit exactly. However, if you encounter problems, measure the distance between each bracket and deduct the distance from the supplied instructions.
7. If the blind requires cutting to size, unroll the blind, mark it clearly, and cut the blind to size with scissors. Use a small hacksaw to cut the lath (the wooden strip at the foot of the blind).
8. Now piece the side control and end plugs into the end of each roller after double-checking they are being placed on the correct side. Finally, slot the blind into place on each bracket.
&bull; Fitting a blind outside the window recess does not require exact measurements, but exact measurements are necessary when fitting a roller blind inside the window excess.
&bull; A wooden surround does not require the use of wall plugs as you can screw straight into the wood, unlike a masonry surround, which requires wall plugs and additional drilling.
&bull; If your blind has a centre pull string, it will require trimming from each side or the central cord will hang unevenly.
&bull; Made to measure blinds may be more expensive but requires minimal preparation.